Friday 9 November 2007

The Dawn of Peace

To update this account of my own rather bumpy journey towards reclaiming my husband from this chronic and debilitating illness, we are being softer with each other. He watched the first EFT DVD yesterday, all the way through. As long as I give him some time to himself every day, he will spend some time doing EFT (which is what we both need him to do). This is held in balance against me needing to spend long hours sorting out my feelings at my desk before I start work (I work for myself, luckily, so I don’t get complaints from the boss). And then actually getting some work done, because I am being funded by public money and what I produce better be something good. It would be so nice to be able to get straight down to work, and then I could probably do everything I needed in half a day (as equality and fairness in this partnership requires). So that’s why EFT continues to be my daily necessity. It offers insights and new perspectives. It’s about developing the art of communication, and good communication is what we all need (both good broadcast and good reception).

I must get down to work now, but I thought I’d assuage any concerns about me. My husband has agreed this must be worked out in peace rather than aggression. The more progress I can make in reducing my own problems, the easier it is to just be there for him.

No comments: