Wednesday 28 November 2007

My Ordinary Everyday Reality

I'm not going to come on here and tell you things are all roses and will forever be, but there is a sense that the drama has died down, and we are more aware of each other. There is much mending to be done, after the ragged damage inflicted on us by the last two years.

You'll see I've changed the Profile blurb for this blog... this blog is no longer about ME, because this is no longer the largest feature of our lives. It might at times be about trying to mend a marriage that has been ravaged by the pressures of the last four years (since our daughter, youngest of my brood, was born, which included my husband's chronic illness (brought on, I've no doubt, by the stress of overwork). But more often, I suspect, it will be about the positive impact on our lives of the extraordinary healing tool that ME led us to.

It's been nearly four months since I first learnt EFT and I have to remember constantly that to other people it seems very weird. To me, now, it is becoming increasingly ordinary - although I am constantly gratified (and still, sometimes, surprised) by the positive effects it has on me and on the people around me.

Some of it sounds a little crazy, I know, but you're just going to have to take my word for it - I'm completely sane. The fact is, you can not only heal yourself with EFT, but you can heal others. If you read the science around EFT, you can understand why this might be possible - but it is still something many find hard to accept, because it is so new (and yet, which might worry them most, is as old as 2000 years ago).

I know, if you're not doing EFT, all this is bound to sound odd, and you might think I've ever so softly and harmlessly flipped. But this is a true account of every-day reality in his household. And you know, as realities go, I vastly prefer it to my previous one. And so do my husband, children, and pets.

2 comments:

Cusp said...

Heh WoB, I'm really pleased that you're coming to a place of harmony in the WoB household. I wish I could have the same success with my own experience of M.E.

Maybe I'll try EFT on our old and poorly dog too --- he's costing us a fortune at the vet and is still poorly. I'm better at doing things for other people/animals/plants etc. than for myself !

Love to you

Cusp

Brian's wife said...

Hi Cusp,

Thanks so much for your comment, which I managed to miss somehow - but much appreciate. It probably is much easier to help others than to help yourself if you have M.E., because most (all?) M.E sufferers seem to be facilitators, people who put the needs of others before their own.

But I've also realised from my husband's experience that it is difficult for someone with ME to get good results doing EFT on themselves, possibly because of psychological reversal combined with low energy levels. You might get better results if you can find someone who is already doing it (or persuade a loved one to learn!) and get them to tap on you. Or see an EFT professional of course, but they do cost money (which can be in short supply when you have ME).

My husband still doesn't do EFT - I do it for everyone around me and it seems to have the desired effect.

Good luck and love to you, too.

Brian's Wife